SPRL Rădulescu & Mușoi, headquartered at 31 Dr. Grigore Mora St., District 1, Bucharest, (hereinafter “RM”), understands the importance of your personal data and undertakes to handle it in a diligent and professional manner in order to achieve its confidentiality and safety. Your data will be processed in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation no. 679/2016 of the EU as well as any other applicable national or European law.
This policy presents the way in which RM processes and protects your personal data when acting as controller. Further, this Policy informs you regarding the rights that you have in connection with your personal data.
- CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA PROCESSED
RM will process personal data of its clients or potential clients or their representatives, that of candidates for positions available within the law firm, of participants to conferences and other events organized by RM, of persons interested in receiving legal newsletters or that of visitors of the radulescu-musoi.ro website.
RM will only process your personal data to the extent it is necessary to achieve the purposes provided in section 2 below.
The categories of personal data that may be processed are:
- Contact information: name, surname, domicile / professional address, job position, telephone number and/or fax, email address, date and place of birth;
- Data regarding your academic or professional background and other information contained in a CV;
- When providing our services, we may process sensitive personal data (for example, political opinions, union affiliation, health data or data regarding criminal convictions or crimes);
- Information necessary for carrying out a contractual relationship (for example, regarding a litigation you are involved in).
- PURPOSES OF PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
RM collects and processes your personal data for the following purposes permitted by applicable legislation:
- Preparing and offering legal services requested on the basis of legal assistance agreements;
- Managing the relationship with Clients, business partners, collaborators or providers;
- Processing applications for internships or occupying a position available in our law firm;
- Observing a court order, exercising or defending the rights of the law firm;
- Observing a legal obligation, for example in relation to knowing your clients, an obligation to report to tax authorities, obligations regarding prevention of money laundering and financing of terrorism acts;
- Improving the services we offer, for example the tailoring of your experience as user of our website radulescu-musoi.ro and improving its information content.
- Organizing legal seminars or conferences or other such events.
- GROUNDS FOR PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
We will process your personal data to the extent at least one of the following conditions is applicable:
- Existence of your consent;
- Concluding or performing and agreement that you are party to;
- Fulfilling a legal obligation incumbent on RM;
- Protecting your vital interests or those of another person;
- Fulfilling a legitimate interests of RM or of a third party.
- DISCLOSING AND TRANSFERRING OF PERSONAL DATA
Given the specific of RM’s activity, in well-justified cases, your personal data may be disclosed to third parties, namely courts of law, arbitration courts, lawyers, notaries public, bailiffs, accountants, auditors, mediators, intellectual / industrial property counsels, translators, authorities and public institutions, third parties to whom we assign rights or obligations or to third parties expressly indicated by you.
In its activity, RM may transfer your personal data to other European Economic Space member states or outside of it, in accordance with the legal requirements, by informing you and offering adequate safeguards regarding the protection of your data.
Throughout the process of disclosing and transferring your personal data, we will take measures to ensure the safety of your data.
- RETENTION PERIOD
Your personal data will, in principle, be kept for the entire duration of the legal assistance agreement and after it, in accordance with the applicable law.
In case the data is not collected in the context of performing a legal assistance agreement, the data will be kept for as long as it is necessary in order for the purpose for which it was collected to be achieved.
At the expiry of the applicable retention period, your personal data will be deleted or destroyed.
If you wish to find out more information regarding a specific retention period for the data that we collect from you, you may contact us at email@example.com or by using our contact form.
- THE SAFETY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
RM undertakes to ensure the safety of your personal data in order to avoid incidents such as unauthorized access, unauthorized alterations, destruction or loss of such data. For the purpose of preventing such incidents, RM implements adequate technical and organizational measures for the protection of your personal data and makes reasonable efforts to minimize the risk of occurrence of such incidents.
Your personal data is stored on our servers, in electronic format, and in physical format, on paper. Each person that has access to your personal data is bound by confidentiality obligations.
- YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
As data subject, the applicable legislation grants you a series of rights in relation to your personal data, namely:
- The right to access your data: you may obtain information regarding the processing of your personal data as well as a copy of such data;
- The right to rectify your data: in case you determine that your personal data is inaccurate or incomplete, you may request that such data is corrected;
- The right to obtain the deletion of your data: you may request the deletion of your personal data, to the extent allowed by the applicable law;
- The right to restrict the processing: you may request that the processing of your personal data is restricted;
- The right to object to the processing: you may object to the processing of your personal data for reasons related to your particular situation. You have an absolute right to oppose the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, including profiling for this type of marketing;
- The right to portability: you have the right to request that the personal data that you provided us with is either returned to you or, if possible, transferred to a third party.
You may exercise the rights above by way of a written request, dated and signed, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 31 Dr. Grigore Mora St., District 1, Bucharest, by post.
In addition to the rights above, you have the right to submit a complaint with the National Supervisory Authority for Personal Data Processing (ANSPDCP), 28-30 G-ral. Gheorghe Magheru Av., District 1, postal code 010336, Bucharest, tel. 0318.059.211, (www.dataprotection.ro), in respect of the processing of your personal data.
- POLICY UPDATES